Technical Artist - Los Angeles
10 days ago
Cloud Imperium is looking for a Technical Artist. We are looking for a talented, ambitious person who can meet the requirements below.
Technical Artists are responsible for the correct technical implementation of art content. They should be able to solve any technological issues related to art production. In close cooperation with the Art Production and R&D Groups, they should work on improving the existing pipelines and developing new tools for the Art Production Groups.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Working with the Art Groups and Programmers to effectively produce technically correct art content
- Checking assets in terms of the technical setup for their usage in CryEngine Creating / improving different scripts/pipelines for art asset production
- Full support of the Perforce branch
- Troubleshooting asset-related technical issues (3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.)
- Writing technical documentation
- Making recommendations on how to improve both product quality and group productivity
- Providing guidance and assistance to the Art Groups where required
- Coordinating with the other Studios within CIG to achieve project objectives
- Strong knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya and Photoshop
- Experience in scripting and programming languages
- Experience in creating art assets for PC games using 3DS Max/CryEngine/Maya
- At least three years of relevant experience in the game development industry
- Self-driven, responsible and detail-oriented person
- Passion for computer games
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Strong passion for making the best damn space sim ever
- Team player
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief. We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected, and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.