Technical Artist - Los Angeles
3 months ago
Cloud Imperium is looking for a Technical Artist. We are looking for a talented, ambitious person who can meet the requirements below.
Technical Artists are responsible for the correct technical implementation of art content. They should be able to solve any technological issues related to art production. In close cooperation with the Art Production and R&D Groups, they should work on improving the existing pipelines and developing new tools for the Art Production Groups.
- Working with the Art Groups and Programmers to effectively produce technically correct art content
- Checking assets in terms of the technical setup for their usage in CryEngine Creating / improving different scripts/pipelines for art asset production
- Full support of the Perforce branch
- Troubleshooting asset-related technical issues (3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.)
- Writing technical documentation
- Making recommendations on how to improve both product quality and group productivity
- Providing guidance and assistance to the Art Groups where required
- Coordinating with the other Studios within CIG to achieve project objectives
- Strong knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya and Photoshop
- Experience in scripting and programming languages
- Experience in creating art assets for PC games using 3DS Max/CryEngine/Maya
- At least three years of relevant experience in the game development industry
- Self-driven, responsible and detail-oriented person
- Passion for computer games
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Strong passion for making the best damn space sim ever
- Team player
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
CIG Diversity Statement: CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc. through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.