Technical Artist (Houdini)
13 days ago
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
The Houdini Technical Artist works with the Art Director, Art Technical Director and Programmers to define and create the procedural content generation pipeline and assets. A key aspect of this role is to identify areas of the current workflows that can be optimized by leveraging procedural assets
- Create Houdini digital assets for use in game with Houdini Engine (procedural objects, terrain processing & space colonization (vegetation))
- Creating and maintaining procedural assets, pipelines and workflows.
- Iterate with the teams to expose the appropriate parameters in the game engine
- Maintain budgets (memory, performance) in the generated results.
- Troubleshoot problems and find appropriate solutions
- Assist the team in learning new technologies and processes
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Strong knowledge of Houdini
- Good with Python and ideally VEX (or ICE)
- Strong understanding of rendering budgets and other technical issues related to performance in real-time engines
- Experience collaborating with graphic programmers and mentoring artists
- Strong overall artistic ability (composition, colour, motion, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
“Nice to have”
- Good knowledge and understanding of the video game development processes and techniques
- Experience in developing games for consoles (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)
- Familiarity with 3DSMax/Zbrush/Motion Builder
- Knowledge of other programming languages (C#, C++, Java Script)
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Opening its doors in July 2008, Ubisoft Singapore features the largest AAA studio in Southeast Asia and is home to a culture that celebrates serious fun and diversity. As proud innovators of naval gameplay and water technology, we’re super excited to be the lead studio in bringing a brand-new IP to you – Skull and Bones! Our other notable works include every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, with our latest Viking adventure being Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.