Technical Artist Expansive Worlds
1 month ago
Avalanche Studios Group and its creative division Expansive Worlds is looking for a Technical Artist to join our team in Malmö, southern Sweden. As the Technical Artist you will support other artists with technical problem solving and best practices.
The successful candidate will be expected to gain expert knowledge of Apex, Avalanche’s in-house engine. This knowledge will be used to assist other team members in achieving their tasks efficiently through direct support and documentation. You will play a key role in setting up, learning existing and maintaining art pipelines and workflows.
You will need to have an understanding of real-time rendering, shaders and PBR and any technical limitations in regard to memory and performance for the project. You should be well-acquainted with content creation workflows; procedural and manual - involving Maya, Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Houdini.
The TA must be a great communicator frequently interacting across teams and projects such as artists, other technical artists, level designers and programmers. To excel in this role they need to be highly motivated, autonomous and a self starter. This role gives a huge opportunity for ownership and impact on the project and is a key role within our highly skilled and modestly sized team working exclusively on self published projects.
- Experience in the game industry
- Understanding of asset creation pipelines and workflows
- Strong Python knowledge and experience using the Qt Framework
- Good understanding of real time rendering and shaders
- Strong communicator and collaborator both verbal and written
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software including Maya and Substance Painter & Designer
- Understanding of PBR and HDR content and rendering pipelines
- Competency with architecting and developing tools and pipelines for artists
- Knowledgeable in interaction design
- Experience with Houdini and procedural pipelines
- Experience writing HLSL/GLSL shaders
- Knowledge and experience using C++
- A solid foundation in traditional art
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Malmö office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.