Technical Art Engineering Lead - Infinity Ward
21 days ago
Job Title:Technical Art Engineering Lead - Infinity Ward
Infinity Ward is seeking a talented Lead Engineer to join the Technical Art Team. The ideal candidate will be someone with a passion for graphics technology, content pipelines, enjoys working closely with content creators, and has an established track record of shipping high quality games. You should be skilled at managing a small team of engineers and feel comfortable working in most areas of a game content pipeline. Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities.
- Own Infinity Ward’s suite of DCC plugins
- Set technical direction and long-term planning to ensure our technology is best-in-class
- Communicate with users and keep up to date on their needs and struggles
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the project and its changing needs
- Evangelize the team’s plans and progress
- Mentor the team on both technology and communication
- Coordinate on both schedule and technology with other Activision studios
- Experience creating and maintaining content creation tools for game development, either as standalone applications or within third-party digital content creation applications (DCC’s) such as Maya, Houdini, 3DS Max, Photoshop, or Blender.
- Experience leading or working in a tools engineering team in games, film, or a similar field.
- Experience using various DCC’s as mentioned above.
- Strong ability to provide and support creative solutions for content developers in different areas of a content pipeline.
- Knowledge of real-time graphics techniques and 3D math.
- B.S. in Computer Science and/or Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in C++, C#, and Python.
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
“We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.”
About Infinity Ward
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, CA, just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.