Winnipeg MB ca
14 days ago
Who we are
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators—at all Ubisoft Canadian studios—to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch Dogs. Our vanguard studio is on the hunt for passionate and experienced innovators to lead our inspired team in the creation of leading-edge technology in one of Canada’s fastest growing cities for game and tech development. Join the family!
Who you are
The Technical Architect will be a main stakeholder in the implementation of the Winnipeg Studio's strategic vision to create the best tools in the video game industry and enable Ubisoft teams to create larger, more immersive open worlds for our AAA games.
The technical architect will analyze, recommend and/or select the best technical directions in order to maximize the pipeline's efficiency. Possessing an extensive knowledge of the engine code, you will design and implement new and existing systems while providing guidance to the programming team.
As the Architect of the Winnipeg Studio, you will work collaboratively with teams in Ubisoft's studios to fully develop the potential of our game engines and improve the efficiency of the production teams.
What you’ll do
- Define the technological vision and lead the design of new features and tools when current options do not meet the production's needs;
- Determine the feasibility of any necessary engine and tool enhancements;
- Ensure the coherence, efficiency, scalability, modularity and compatibility of the features developed by the team;
- In collaboration with technical artists, communicate best practices and technical constraints of the engine and tools to team members;
- Act as a point of contact for all technical issues pertaining to the engine and tools;
- Evaluate existing Ubisoft technology and tools--and those of external pipelines--to determine their strengths and weaknesses and recommend those that best meet project objectives and expectations;
- Anticipate technological advances and implement software systems that support and exploit these opportunities;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training or experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Architect or Director, preferrably in the game industry;
- Demonstrate a passion for video game pipeline and tools development;
- Understand the value of a customer-service and client-focused development approach;
- Experience in multiple aspects of game technology development (audio, 3D, animation, gameplay, UI, network and tools);
- Extensive knowledge of low-level C/C++ programming and debugging;
- Experience with programming and debugging of complex applications;
- Experience with object-oriented programming;
- Experience with multi-platform programming;
- Solid proficiency in multi-threading, performance and optimization techniques;
- Strong understanding of software development processes;
- Strong 3D math;
- Knowledge of refactoring techniques;
- Game industry experience or personal video game projects are a plus.
- Good analytical and synthesis skills;
- Ability to resolve complex issues;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Attention to detail;
- Flexibility in organizing work;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Results driven.
What to send our way
· Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.