Technical Architect - On-Premise Cloud solutions
Montreal QC ca
18 days ago
We are looking for an On-Premise Cloud infrastructure architect with a deep set of skills to help evolve and grow our internal Cloud hosting stack to provide improved features and performance in Cloud regions deployed in our data-centers across the globe.
As an architect joining our hosting you team, you’ll be a driver of innovation within the organization and have the possibility to provide and introduce state-of-the-art technologies, develop a technical vision and design components that adhere to that vision. The architecture team’s guiding principle is to innovate and create a high performance computing environment for internal hosting at Ubisoft.
- Contribute actively to R&D work to introduce new features and performance improvements to the platform;
- Collaborate with and guide team members and internal game production partners to design, deploy and operate the internal Cloud;
- Participate in the definition of SLOs and SLIs following Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles to further enhance reliability of the platform;
- Collaborate with internal partners and external vendors to provide input to the hardware procurement process;
- Work alongside internal partners from the network, hardware and storage teams to develop high performance solutions;
- Help product owners define the technical roadmap of the platform to fulfill partners needs;
- Help build automation into the platform from day one as new features are rolled out.
- At least 8 years of systems administration/DevOps experience;
- Familiarity with iterative design approaches;
- Deep understanding of the latest Linux kernel host networking, storage, container and virtualization technologies with a focus on performance;
- Familiarity with advanced networking or overlay network technologies on the host such as DPDK, SRIOV, OpenvSwitch or similar;
- Comfortable developing and maintaning automation using well-known orchestration stacks;
- Ability to write and maintain scripts in Python, Go or other common languages used for automation tasks;
- Knowledge of distributed systems concepts;
- Working knowledge of message bug technologies;
- Bilingual English and French both verbally and written;
- Demonstrate knowledge of SRE monitoring concepts.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.