Tarsier is on the verge of great things. We'd love to say we're there already, but that would just be lying to sound cool in a job ad. So we're close, but we need more top people to help us get there, and that's what we're looking for right now! We're just about to head out on our next set of adventures, making world-class games with top publishers; all the while pushing the bar of what comes next with our in-house concept team. Tarsier is all about great ideas executed to perfection, and if you want to be part of it, why not see if you fit the bill.
We are looking for a Technical Animator to help us keep delivering the high bar animations on which we have established our reputation for quality. As Technical Animator, it will be your job to own and define our animation pipeline and collaborate closely with our animators. You will be in charge of the rigging, skinning and anything else that’s part of integrating our animation assets into the game engine. You will also contribute to improving our internal scripts, tools and procedures by acting as a bridge between tech and art, working together on the tools and the game engine to overcome obstacles and solve problems.
Technical Animator responsibilities include:
- Integrate animation assets into Unreal Engine
- Work with the animators to meet the technical, performance and art objectives of the game
- Develop improvements to the animation and art pipeline
- Investigate and share information on best practices and industry standards
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with rigging, skinning and python-scripting in Maya
- Understanding streamlining processes and pipelines
- Keen understanding of human and creature anatomy
- Strong understanding of animation logic and anim trees
- Knowledge of performance improvement methods
- Driven to solve technical challenges with artists, programmers and designers
- 3+ years experience in the games industry
- Willingness to accept and provide direction and work well under pressure
- Flexibility to cope with frequent iterations
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Able to relocate and work onsite at our office in Malmö, Sweden
- Strong understanding of classic animation principles and fundamentals
- Cinematic knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with video game animations
What we offer:
At Tarsier Studios, we believe in quality above all else; but quality is the residue of care, and most of all, care for people. So our great perks, like 6 weeks vacation, flexible working hours, company-paid supplemental pension and sick leave insurance, additional health allowance and a relocation package, are not there just to make people happy, but to ensure we reach the highest quality bar possible. Making great games means demanding a lot from people, but that doesn't mean we can’t take good care of them while we do so. That is the Tarsier way and what we offer to all our colleagues.