21 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for an entry-to-mid-level Technical Animator with a passion for expressive character movement to join our team working on Fortnite. In this talented team of veteran and emerging artists, you’ll collaborate across teams and contribute directly to Fortnite and other Epic projects. Joining this team means you’re motivated to seek solutions to problems and work with other artists to make positive changes to models, movements, and tools. The heart of this role is rigging and skinning Epic’s never-ending line of awesome creations, each with their own set of challenges.
In this role, you will
- Rig characters, assets and vehicles
- Set up assets in Unreal Engine 5; including cloth, physics, blueprints
- Work closely with modelers and animators to ensure a smooth development pipeline that delivers high quality assets
- Assist with pipeline tools and working with engine and project leads on continuous improvement of those engine tools
What we're looking for
- Extensive experience rigging characters in Maya
- A portfolio demonstrating rigging for a range of characters, bipeds, and beasts, both body and faces
- Attention to aesthetic detail, especially with regards to character deformation and physics movement
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine 5 art pipeline
- A positive individual with strong written communication and teamwork skills Exceptional problem-solver
- Python programming experience ideal
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.