Technical Animator - Rigging, Skinning, Animation Pipeline
27 days ago
We are PUBG, the global battle royale phenomenon! After the release of our flagship title in 2017 we have become one of the highest selling games of all time with over 75 million copies sold – that’s a lot of Chicken Dinners! And that's only the beginning: PUBG Madison is developing an exciting new IP that aims to push the shooter genre forward. If getting in on the ground floor of this awesome effort sounds exciting, we'd love to see you apply!
Our state-of-the art studio and brand-new motion capture studio are in the heart of Madison, WI, a city frequently named the best place to live in the US for its vibrant culture, natural beauty, and outstanding educational institutions. Home to the prestigious University of Wisconsin, Madison is a hub for innovation and learning, offering top-notch public and private schools . This family-friendly, progressive community has low crime rates and a strong commitment to sustainability. Experience the perfect balance of urban excitement and natural tranquility in a city with more than 200 miles of hiking and biking trails, an incredible downtown farmer’s market, gorgeous scenery and affordable cost of living. || Don’t think you’re ready to make the move to Wisconsin? We’re also fully committed to support remote work for this position.| |
The person we’re looking for:
PUBG Madison is looking for an Experienced Technical Animator to join our growing team. As a Technical Animator, you will play a vital role in bridging the gap between our animation and motion capture teams and the development of animation rigs, asset skinning, and authoring tools. You will collaborate closely with various teams to ensure the smooth integration of animations into our projects while maintaining a high level of quality and efficiency.
- Collaborate with animators and designers to create functional and user-friendly animation rigs and assets.
- Assist in developing rigs and assets for characters, weapons, creatures, vehicles, and props.
- Contribute to the enhancement of animation pipelines, tools, and processes to support the animation team's workflow.
- Work closely with the Animation and Motion Capture teams, actively seeking feedback to refine tools and processes.
- Participate in resolving animation issues and provide troubleshooting assistance when needed.
- Maintain documentation for technical procedures and protocols.
- Stay updated on industry trends, competitor products, and new software to improve professional skills.
- 3-5+ years of experience in animation for video games.
- Proficiency in programming languages like C# or Python and some familiarity with Qt4/Qt5.
- Basic experience with version control systems such as Perforce, Git, or SVN.
- Familiarity with rig development in Autodesk's Maya.
- Knowledge of character skinning techniques, weight painting, and deformations.
- Some exposure to Motion Capture data and its application in animation.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine and the ability to adapt to evolving tools.
- Effective communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic understanding of linear math and algebra.
What we offer:
- A highly competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive employer funded healthcare – ensuring you pay nothing out of pocket for in-network medical care
- Employer-paid premiums for dental, vision, short & long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&D insurance
- Generous benefits include 20 days PTO, 12 paid holidays and a studio-wide holiday break annually
- “As needed” sick days to prioritize your well-being
- Annual health & wellness, video game, and continuing education reimbursements
- Industry-leading family planning and fertility care benefits, including gender-affirming care, through Carrot Fertility
- Enjoy free catered lunches, meal reimbursements, and snacks and beverages for in office staff
- Engage in regular team outings and events to foster a positive work culture
- 401K with a company match for your financial well-being
PUBG Studios provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Due to recent scams , our recruiters will only reach out to you via @sds.com, @krafton.com or @pubg.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.