Technical Animation Director (Helix)
2 months ago
As a Technical Animation Director at Ubi MTL, you’ll join Helix: a new team specialized in producing real-time cinematics for the games developed by our Canadian studios, games like Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow Six, For Honor, and many more.
In this role, you'll oversee the creation and implementation of a technical animation pipeline, cinematics workflow, and the technical requirements to deliver and meet the needs of your assigned projects. In partnership with other department managers, you'll be responsible for the direction, design, and technical vision of the animation pipelines and tools for producing real-time cinematics.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with other core team members to develop the overall technical animation vision for our Canadian studios’ cinematics + determine technical feasibility.
- Review design concepts + identify and assess risks (engine, memory, frame rate, etc.).
- Work closely with programmers to evaluate existing animation and rigging tools + occasionally design custom ones to improve pipelines.
- Support animators, designers, and riggers with their technical needs + informatively and constructively explain the root causes of risks, blockers, etc.
- Train team members on tools and techniques + raise awareness of new processes.
- Resolve complex, escalated issues & make technical validations.
- Prepare post-mortems + recommend cost- and time-efficient solutions to evolve our animation content & tech.
- Anticipate technological advancements and monitor market trends to define our best practices + share them with our studios and the industry.
What you bring
- Around 7 years of animation, rigging, or programming experience (or related experience) + 3 years of leadership
- A degree in 3D Animation, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering (or related training)
- Solid communication, interpersonal, mentorship, time management, organizational, and presentation skills
- An innovative, collaborative, attentive, and solution-oriented spirit
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Familiarity with bug tracking software (e.g. Jira) and version management systems (e.g. Perforce)
- A passion for sharing your knowledge and helping others learn and grow
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
Please feel free to send us samples of your work or any supporting documentation you find relevant.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are panimation of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.