Technical Accounting Senior Manager
20 days ago
Scopely is seeking a highly motivated Senior Manager, Technical Accounting to join our Corporate Accounting/Finance team in Culver City, CA on a remote basis!
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing, and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people worldwide daily.
What You Will Do
- Be a contributor on day one and a part of a fast-paced and exciting journey
- Lead and serve as technical accounting resource and advisor on complex accounting areas and transactions, including but not limited to M&A, Business combination, VIE, lease accounting, revenue recognition, foreign currencies, etc
- Prepare accounting documentation/memorandums to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Identify and analyze key differences between US GAAP & IFRS
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of complex accounting transactions to the general ledger
- Proactively research and implement new standards, pronouncements, and policies
- Assist in the preparation of required quarterly and annual US GAAP compliant financial statements footnotes
- Support the annual financials statement audit to ensure audits are completed timely
- Lead technical accounting training sessions for the wider finance teams.
- Assist with managing integrity of the global chart of accounts and mapping to local statutory accounts
- Assist with general ad hoc projects
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree, in an Accounting discipline
- 7+ years accounting experience with strong track record of technical accounting and research
- In-depth technical knowledge in US GAAP
- Solid understanding of differences between US GAAP & IFRS
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work well with a team and autonomously at times
- A desire to take on challenges and grow with the role
- Positive attitude and willing to roll up sleeves to drive work to completion
- Flexibility to take on new responsibilities as the company and team grow
- CPA license or equivalent required
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- Gamer a plus!
For candidates in CA, CO, NJ, NY and WA, the annual salary range is $98,600 - $145,000, plus equity, bonus and benefits including healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, pet insurance, paid holidays, paid Scopely free days, and unlimited paid time-off. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience .
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Notice to candidates: Scopely, Inc and its affiliates will never request payment or ask for financial information as a condition for applying to a position or receiving an offer of employment. All official Scopely, Inc. recruiters only use email domains that end with @scopely.com.
Our official website is www.scopely.com
. Please only apply to positions posted on our official website and ensure the recruiter only communicates via the official email domain.
Should you have any questions or encounter any fraudulent requests/emails/websites, please immediately contact email@example.com .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.