Team lead - Development Test
5 days ago
As a Development Test Team Leader at Ubi Quebec, you will be responsible for team efficiency and content quality. You will guide a team of talented development testers while overseeing the overall development of a game.
You are a resource for the entire production team: management, designers, programmers, etc. You are constantly looking for ways to improve, finding solutions that enhance our processes and promote the success of your team members. You'll follow up on every feature that is tested in detail, so that all bugs and issues are resolved before the game reaches our players.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with the production team to understand the overall game vision and design documents;
- Oversee your development test team in testing features (e.g. Quest, AI, audio, UI, game engine, onlines, etc.) and creating test plans;
- Implement development testing related processes (Greenlight, Regression, Dashboard, etc.);
- Meet regularly with your team to track test plans, provide feedback and coaching, discuss progress, manage hiccups, identify risks, define benchmarks, etc.;
- Take charge of 1-1 meetings with team members, follow up with them on an ongoing basis and discuss career development plans;
- Adapt the test plan to technical and production constraints;
- Conduct annual/project evaluations of your development testers;
- Stay up to date with the best practices, strategies and testing techniques to keep pace with the industry + develop your skills and knowledge;
- Participate in recruiting to expand your team of development testers and develop their talents.
What you bring
- Degree in a video game related program or equivalent training/experience;
- Experience in quality control or other relevant experience (project management an asset);
- Knowledge of bug tracking software (e.g. Jira), test creation software (e.g. TestRail), game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) and their limitations;
- Strong understanding of testing principles and methodologies + basic programming (An asset);
- Innovative, empathetic and collaborative spirit;
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, communication, mentoring and interpersonal skills;
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, curiosity, resourcefulness and high flexibility;
- Broad market understanding and a (burning) passion for video games.
*Skills and knowledge come in many forms and can be based on relevant experience, so we strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet all the requirements listed above.
What to send our way
- Your resume highlighting your education, experience and skills.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.
With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.