Team Lead [Ubisoft Connect]
7 days ago
We’re looking for a Team Lead to join Ubisoft Connect. You will join a multi-disciplinary team, where everyone is willing to expand their knowledge and is encouraged to continue learning new things. The Connect team is characterized by passion and the love of gaming. You will work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers and testers with the opportunity to visit and work from collaborating studios.
You will manage a growing team of developers who create shared solutions to support live operations of our games. You will be responsible for the overall development and staffing of the team to achieve the strategic direction and objectives and develop tools & best practices to support the team development in their daily work. You must have excellent organization and communication skills, as well as a strong team management skills to support the team.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Creating an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Ensuring the administrative monitoring of the team (e.g. absence planning and validation and business trips planning)
- Identifying recruitment needs and participate in the recruitment & onboarding process
- Having regular One-on-One talks with team members to gather needs and give feedback
- Defining team member development and career path opportunities with team members and acting as a mentor to support achieve goals.
- Taking care of performance ratings and providing transparency for it with our internal tools
- Anticipating and recognizing potential team related risks & conflicts and recommend solutions to management
- Suggesting and performing improvement methods of task organization within the team
You as a person
You have excellent interpersonal skills combined with strong oral and written communication skills. You are passionate about technology and keep yourself up-to-date with the latest trends in your domain. You have great managerial experience and a big interest of helping develop strong teams and driving learning and development. You are highly supportive, helping the team to get things done efficiently with a proactive problem-solving mindset. You show integrity in everything you do, and you are familiar with handling people at all levels and enjoy making all process smoother for the developers. You are comfortable with taking initiative and finding creative solutions to complex problems.
Besides what is stated above, we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven professional experience as a Team Lead/ Manager or other relevant experience
- Good knowledge in technologies and/or software development
- Knowledge in project management tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc)
Is a bonus if you have:
- Experience with software engineering
- Passion for computer games
- Knowledge of Scrum methodologies
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative, and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry.
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden, and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third-largest independent video game publisher. We're more than 650 people from 50+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun, and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.