Team Lead (Source Control)
7 months ago
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The Team Lead supervises and coordinates all the operational activity related to his/her specific service group. He/she directly manages a team of administrators/application specialists providing support to applications/platforms in order to guarantee optimal functionality, availability, and customer satisfaction.
The main and routine tasks of the Team Lead are to:
- Create, prioritize, assign and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work with regards to deliverables.
- Represent the team
- Organize and lead team meetings
- Ensure service level availability is optimal and in accordance with predefined SLAs.
- Maintain the relationship with our game production partners and other internal teams.
- Work closely with the Tech Leads in relation to services’ sustainability and evolution.
- Provide feedback to the Project & Account Manager related to service progression and team members’ performance.
- Initiate escalation protocols to the Project & Account manager where necessary.
- Understand, communicate, and oversee the team’s performance and career evolution.
- Create working procedures, build-up knowledge databases and documentation.
- Maintain and lead regular system monitoring, data clean-up and maintenance activities
- Ensure that new employees integrate into the team
- Help recruit new team members
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing a team
- Working background in information technology delivery and support
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a constantly evolving and dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize
- Familiarity working in a Dev-Ops environment
- Knowledge of Source Control systems is an asset
- Time and priority management
- Ability to assemble productive teams
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility in organizing work
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving
- Ability to delegate
- Stress and change management skills
- Managerial courage
- Sense of initiative
- Bilingualism an asset
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.