Team Lead - Cloud
11 days ago
As a Team Leader, you will join Ubisoft's hosting team to manage the team in North America and work jointly with the Team Leader located in Europe, Asia, France and Singapore.
In this role, you will manage 6-8 team members specialized in the private cloud service offering - DevOps by coordinating technical work around the design, optimization and operations of the various virtualization and hosted private cloud infrastructure platforms. Our internal cloud platform is based on Openstack and the rest of the technologies are quite heterogeneous: Kubernetes, Docker, MongoDB, Ansible, Python, Scale.io, Prometheus to name a few.
As such, your missions will be as follows:
- Manage the work of team members around the design, optimization and operations of our internal cloud platform;
- Work collaboratively with your team to manage resources, track processes and ongoing projects in partnership with all types of stakeholders such as architects, developers, system administrators and others;
- Manage hardware purchases and the relationship with the team's suppliers;
- Participate in the implementation of the roadmap, the review of processes, the monitoring of the methodology and the implementation of new solutions;
- Be the referent of the cloud team;
- Be aware of DevOps best practices proposed by the team to deploy the cloud platform in an innovative way;
- Be a liaison between the different members of the team spread over the different areas.
- Demonstrated experience on an infrastructure team if possible in a DevOps environment and on cloud platforms;
- Management experience is desired;
- Technical experience on cloud infrastructure (technologies named above);
- Knowledge of Agile methodology concepts and knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD automation concepts;
- Bilingualism in English and French both verbally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contribute to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.