Team Lead - BI / Big Data Developers
Montreal QC ca
3 days ago
The team lead is responsible for overseeing the quality of the team’s deliverables, ensuring the development of their team, fostering collaboration with various partners inside and outside the User Research Lab, and contributing in the elaboration and implementation of the department’s managerial vision.
In addition, with the help of their team and by collaborating with other teams and services, the team lead is responsible for supporting the different actors of the department in the needs for data optimization and tool development.
- Develop and value data exploitation as well as the combined usage of different sources of data;
- Create, improve and optimize analytics and team processes (needs gathering, analysis tools, data quality, sampling, etc.);
- Collaborate with other internal team leads on support, resource sharing, etc.;
- Anticipate potential conflictual situations and address them by bringing solution to the satisfaction of all the parties involved, in the context of team problem solving;
- Foster collaboration and open communication with other development teams and partners within Montreal and Ubisoft worldwide;
- Act as a representative of the team and ensure collaboration and collaboration with the different partners of the team;
- Act as a mentor with the members of the team and participate with the performance reviews of his team with his/her manager;
- Be a main actor in the fulfilment of the Lab’s vision;
- Be responsible for the recruitment, integration, training and coaching of new employees.
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative or computer science field (statistics, applied mathematics, operational research, business intelligence, etc.) or any other relevant training;
- Team management experience is an asset;
- 3-5 years experience in data/business analysis or business intelligence;
- Excellent knowledge of IT concepts (data management, software development, etc.);
- Good knowledge of quantitative analysis tools (SQL programming languages, Python, Spark, Scala, etc.);
- Good knowledge of Big Data environment (Hive, Airflow, etc.);
- Knowledge on Cloud Platform Services is an asset (AWS, GCP, etc.);
- Knowledge of analytic methodologies is an asset;
- Knowledge of the videogame industry is an asset
- Affluent leadership and management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in French & English;
- Ability to build and manage performant teams;
- Ability to work in a constantly evolving environment;
- Stress and change management skills;
- Time and priority management skills;
- Resourcefulness in problem solving;
- Ability to delegate tasks;
- Agile mindset;
- Proactivity, dynamism, tact.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.