11 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena . SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite , projects in the Minecraft Universe , supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena , and original title, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
We are looking for a creative, collaborative and results-driven Talent Acquisition Sourcer to recruit and source top talent for our growing game development studio! Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager and working closely with our Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers, you will be responsible for developing robust talent pipelines for our hiring needs across disciplines within a highly competitive market, with a strong focus on technical recruitment. This is an exciting, challenging and rewarding role and a great opportunity to work in a fun and dynamic work environment, with continuous opportunities for learning and development. Contribute to the growth and success of the business and help us achieve our goal of making great games!
This is a 1-year fixed term contract (eligible for benefits) with the possibility of extension. While preference will be given to local applicants, we are open to accommodating remote work within Canada.
What You'll Do
- Leverage creative and advanced sourcing techniques to build a robust and diverse talent pipeline of active and passive candidates through various channels and sources, including (but not limited to) LinkedIn Recruiter, various social media platforms, networking events, professional job fairs and student career fairs, referrals, etc.
- Work collaboratively with talent acquisition specialists and hiring managers to gain an in-depth understanding of our hiring needs and priorities and develop a recruitment sourcing strategy for various roles
- Deliver an exceptional candidate experience during every interaction and touch point with current and prospective candidates
- Partner and develop strong relationships with hiring managers and other key stakeholders within the studio
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining effective sourcing and recruitment marketing strategies
- Act as a studio ambassador through attendance at various industry events, university and professional career fairs, etc.
- Drive and own recruitment-related projects as needed
What You'll Bring
- Multiple years of experience in a recruitment or talent acquisition role, with a heavy emphasis on sourcing
- Demonstrated skills in sourcing candidates through LinkedIn Recruiter and other platforms to fill hard-to-fill and specialized positions within a highly competitive market
- Proven experience sourcing and assessing talent for technical and/or creative roles
- Superb relationship-building and communication skills
- Experience and success with using diverse and creative ways of sourcing and attracting talent
- Strong attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to maintain focus under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines and fulfill extensive hiring demands
- Tactful and diplomatic with demonstrated discretion and business acumen
- Adaptable and flexible - willing to help out where needed in order to meet our business needs and goals!
Nice-to-haves, but not required:
- A professional network in the gaming industry in Canada
- Experience with employer branding and/or recruitment marketing
- Experience working in games, VFX or a similar industry
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.