Talent Acquisition Lead
14 days ago
Are you a dynamic leader who has a passion for identifying and hiring talent, creating and implementing processes, promoting workforce diversity and fostering an inclusive environment?
Rooster Teeth is looking for a Talent Acquisition Leader to serve in a high-impact and highly visible role within the organization. We are counting on this leader to be a key contributor as we transform the way we attract, acquire, engage and retain a highly talented and diverse workforce.
The right person will bring expertise in building TA infrastructure, coaching/leading dynamic teams, implementing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, and executing on TA strategies. To succeed in this role, you must be very comfortable owning the talent acquisition function, while working collaboratively with the rest of the People Team and Hiring Managers across the organization.
This role reports to the Head of People at Rooster Teeth and is based in our Austin, Texas headquarters.
- Managing an equitable Recruitment Life Cycle and TA Strategy
- Design a scalable staffing strategy with equity, inclusion, and diversity at its core for the full recruitment life cycle, including sourcing, driving candidate a diverse pipeline, nurturing authentic relationships with candidates, and guiding strong hiring manager partnerships
- Align TA goals with the company’s broader DEI strategy to identify, build, and cultivate diverse talent pipelines and passive sourcing strategies across our business
- Manage full life cycle recruiting, including sourcing, driving candidate pipelines, nurturing authentic relationships with candidates, and guiding strong hiring manager partnerships.
- Own the interview scheduling process and communicate logistics to both candidates and hiring teams
- Ensure the security of Rooster Teeth’s confidential and proprietary information and materials Follow Company policies and practices while representing Rooster Teeth in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, people mangers, governmental agencies, customers, etc.
- Process Standardization
- Standardize how candidates are interviewed and evaluated, creating documented processes for external recruiting as well as internal transfers, in order to ensure everyone is assessed against the same bar and avoids bias wherever possible
- Collaborate with hiring managers to improve on recruiting process and efficiency, creating hiring manager resources and providing day-to-day support on candidate assessment, selection, offer and onboarding, in conjunction with the rest of the People Team and other internal teams
- Recruiting Metrics & Compensation
- Develop and track measurable facets of the recruiting and hiring process and providing continuous improvement by researching and implementing standard methodologies and procedures to ensure efficient sourcing and recruiting processes while attracting quality candidates
- Build and share staffing metrics, dashboards, and reports to enable leaders to make informed decisions, increase productivity, and create efficiencies to support business goals
- Compensation Parity and periodic market reviews. Develop and evolve an organization’s pay scale and structure. Determine competitive wage rates and change as necessary. Ensure Rooster Teeth’s pay scale complies with changing state and federal laws and regulations
- Employer Branding and Building a Diverse University Talent Pipeline
- Help refine Rooster Teeth’s employer branding and value proposition Crafting innovative ways to attract talent and branding the organization as an employer of choice
- Attend industry networking events and professional organization events as a brand ambassador of Rooster Teeth to build the RT employer brand
- Playing a key role on various talent acquisition projects (i.e. Workforce Planning, Candidate Experience, Social Media strategy, Employment Branding, etc.) Help build, bring to life and inspire the long-term vision for Rooster Teeth’s early-in-career recruiting efforts by outreach efforts to our community and local/national universities for our intern programs
- Partner with local universities, attend career fairs (virtual and in-person), and build an equitable, inclusive and diverse pipeline of intern to full-time hires
- Internships & the Employee Experience
- Manage and oversee the Rooster Teeth Intern Program, averaging around 3-5 interns per semester
- Partner with our managers and the rest of the People Team to help enhance the candidate and intern/employee experience from application to first 30 days
- Prepare onboarding materials, messaging, and coordination of local orientation and monthly onboarding in conjunction with the People Team
- You have 4-6 years of solid experience across the end-to-end Recruitment cycle (ideally, in in-house progressive talent acquisition roles within a Corporate structure)
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and agile environment and enjoy the freedom to develop new initiatives and roll out new programs internally
- You have experience hiring in the Entertainment and Media Industry (sales, marketing, ecommerce, engineers, producers, etc.,) and brings innovative sourcing methodologies and experience with non-traditional channels to find new candidates
- You’ve spent 1-2 years of key involvement in diversity and inclusion efforts and solid understanding of diversity & inclusion principles and practices – diversity is important to you!
- You are quick to develop relationships and build rapport, and have the ability to influence senior leaders and utilize a consultative approach with hiring managers
- You embrace and advocate for cultural diversity
- You bring a proven ability to identify, interview, and extend offers to on average four or more candidates per month while managing multiple internal programs (i.e. you have a proven capacity for multi-tasking!)
- You have an exceptional focus on customer service – whether they are candidates, employees, leaders or hiring managers
- You have demonstrated project management and analytic skills and knowledge of workforce planning practices
- You are constantly looking for ways to add value to the team and organization, and do so with a sense of ownership and accountability
- You are proficient in productivity applications, preferably the Google Business Suite including Google Docs, Calendar, and Gmail and highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Bonus if you:
- Have used Lever ATS and Workday HRIS
- Have experience with LinkedIn sourcing or other social media, AON/Radford comp planning, or sourcing in technical forums
- Love adding to your job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community-built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com
hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com
We encourage individuals of all genders and historically marginalized communities to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.