Talent Acquisition Executive (remote)
10 days ago
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As a Talent Acquisition Executive you care about people and you love trying find the most talented candidates to make the company grow. You can work remotely from everywhere around the world.
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m like a matchmaker, always finding the best person for each position so everyone is happy.”
What you will really be doing
- Reviewing applications and screening candidates
- Headhunting and directly sourcing talented candidates
- Maintaining a strong networking presence within the industry and with universities
- Interviewing and assessing candidates for a variety of roles
- Attending recruitment and industry events to attract talent
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to understand the specialist roles that are required and our company culture.
- You’ll think creatively to attract top quality talent using all possible methods, including marketing, networking and research.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- At least 5 years of experience in an inhouse role within recruitment/talent acquisition
- Experience with technical roles, ideally in the games or entertainment industry
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel from time to time
- Interest for mobile games would be a plus
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.