TCS Academy - Rigging
15 days ago
You are applying to join the TCS Academy course for Rigging.
This course is a guide to rigging process we use for both CG and VFX. A Rigger designs the skeletal frameworks and control rigs of animated characters/props etc. defining how they move within a frame of action. They create believable movement that abides by the laws of anatomy, physics and real-world experiences in a virtual environment.
What do we offer?
- A course of 8 weeks to get you up to the standard required to deliver first class VFX
- Dedicated mentoring from a senior industry member
- Intensive training using industry standard software tools (provided) while using our high-quality training materials
- Continued access to video tutorials featuring industry experts and the potential to use your project work in showreels
- You will be hired as an employee (paid) during this virtual training. After completing this course, if selected based on your performance, you will move on the floor in one of Technicolor's VFX studios and extended a 6-12 month contract.
- Recent graduates of a VFX program or entry/junior level candidates looking for their first break in the VFX industry.
- Candidates ready to cross the bridge from learning into a professional career.
- Artists with a drive, passion, and commitment to deliver first-class VFX.
- Bonus: Coding skills (Mel,Python)
- You will be asked to complete a standardized skills test in order to be enrolled.
Applying: All application submissions must contain a rigging demo reel and CV
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
TCS Academy is a free virtual program preparing artists for their journey through the world’s top visual effects studios through intensive training. Technicolor’s diversified reach in visual effects enables us to guide, mentor, and train these artists to meet the highest industry standards.
Our courses prepare you for a career in visual effects by working with industry experts on your creative, technical, procedural, and soft skills. They also provide a great opportunity to gain experience and expertise to build upon as you progress in your career.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.