TCS Academy - Fx
11 days ago
You are applying to join the TCS Academy course for FX.
The objective of the FX Academy is to support students in their transition to step into an FX career, developing and improving artist’s ability to deliver high quality content on time for feature films and episodic shows. The course aims to improve both creative and technical skills in Houdini, tools and workflows used on production and to improve communication skills to collaborate with colleagues.
We teach how to work collaboratively and produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging FX simulations of the highest quality within the time frame provided.
By the end of the academy, we expect each student to be skilled with specific FX competencies and be able to find information by themselves without setback when encountering issues. They are expected to be able to produce high quality simulations of particles, destruction, smoke, water and magic among others.
While you have previous training, this course is designed to sharpen your skills to be the best FX artist you can be.
What we offer:
- An online course of 8-weeks to get you up to the standard required to deliver first class VFX
- Dedicated mentoring from a senior industry member
- Intensive training using industry standard software tools (provided) while using our high-quality training materials
- Continued access to video tutorials featuring industry experts and the potential to use your project work in showreels
- You will be hired as an employee (paid) during this virtual training. After completing this course, if selected based on your performance, you will move on the floor in one of Technicolor's VFX studios with an extended contract.
- Recent graduates of a VFX program or entry/junior level candidates with knowledge of Houdini.
- Candidates ready to cross the bridge from learning into a professional career.
- Artists with a drive, passion, and commitment to deliver first class VFX.
- You will be asked to complete a standardized skills test in order to be enrolled.
Applying: Please apply with your demo reel and CV attached.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
TCS Academy is a virtual program preparing artists for their journey through the world’s top visual effects studios through intensive training. Technicolor’s diversified reach in visual effects enables us to guide, mentor, and train these artists to meet the highest industry standards.
Our virtual courses prepare you for a career in visual effects by working with industry experts on your creative, technical, procedural, and soft skills. They also provide a great opportunity to gain experience and expertise to build upon as you progress in your career.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.