10 days ago
Insomniac Games is searching for a rockstar Systems Designer with experience in multiplayer games. This role is responsible for overseeing and executing on many aspects of the game including, but not limited to, multiplayer features, mechanics, and systems design, as well as helping to determine the conventions, processes and practices used to create the product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Creates clear and concise written documentation, visual design materials, and verbal presentations that describe layout, content, mechanics, systems, and features. Presents these designs to the team and department heads.
- Designs and develops player interactions and systems (including combat, navigation, progression, and economy) for a multiplayer environment.
- Implements multiplayer gameplay and game structure using an in-house visual scripting tool; work with the Gameplay Programming team to deliver content that meet each disciplines goals and deadlines.
- Collaborate with the Design, Art and Gameplay Programming teams to ensure that goals are achievable within the given time restraints.
- Follow up with multiple departments on progress of features and updates the team as needed through various mediums.
- Address bugs and gameplay issues to assure a stable and polished product.
- Helps assess the progress, quality and user friendliness of the project via methods such as usability testing, focus tests and in-house play tests.
- Provides constructive feedback on all aspects of the product; find opportunities to increase the quality of the product and advise on how that information may be implemented for future products.
- Helps create consistent implementation of gameplay by working to define best working practices, processes, standards, and conventions, for the design team.
- Be a mentor for the design team and assist with their professional growth.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no direct supervisory responsibility, however, will assist in mentoring and training other designers in basic level design tools including Maya, proprietary level editing tools, and scripting.
Education and/or Experience:
- Five to seven years of experience, or combination/equivalent of education and experience.
- Having shipped at least two completed titles as a multiplayer designer is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of melee combat systems, enemy design and boss design.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with level editing tools and scripting (Unreal Engine, Unity, or similar editors).
- Intermediate knowledge of Maya or other major 3D modeling program.
- Adobe Illustrator experience and UE4 Blueprint Visual scripting skills are a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
If this sounds like a good fit for your next career opportunity, please apply directly to the role by submitting your application below. We look forward to hearing from you.