4 days ago
You find yourself dissecting the progression, monetization, and/or gameplay systems for great action RPGs. You’re intrigued by seeing how the modifications you’ve made change the way people play. You see the world of gaming as so much more than a hobby. Working on a new project, you’re excited by working cross-functionally, partnering closely with Engineers, Designers and others.
Kabam is looking for skilled Systems Designers to elevate our Design team on some exciting projects.
We don’t just design games, we play them and love them, and are fans of the IP’s we work on.
As a Systems Designer, you will:
- Collaborate with an extremely talented team of Engineers, UI/UX artists, Data Scientists, QA and LiveOps to create addictive, compelling player experiences that will delight users for years
- Provide input on the game’s vision and help champion that vision to other team members
- Design rules and parameters for features and systems
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from the game teams, user testing and the broader player community
- Build free-to-play mobile games that the world loves to play
Your background includes:
- 3+ years of game design experience on commercially successful properties
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design, economics, math, or psychology
- Ultimate problem solving, critical thinking, logical, and analytical skills
- Spreadsheet wizardry
- Deep familiarity with RPG, BCG, and action genres on mobile, PC, console, and pen-and-paper platforms
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.