Systems Designer, Unannounced Project
18 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Systems Designer, Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic systems designer to work on an exciting unannounced mobile game!
The focus of this position is on designing fun and compelling progression and rewards systems that support the core vision of the game and corresponding monetization systems that together create a Blizzard-quality player experience. The ideal candidate will have directly applicable design experience with extremely strong communication skills, an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, and the ability to collaborate in a team environment.
Above all, we are looking for someone who knows how to make great games that put gameplay first!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Concept, design, and tune RPG progression systems and rewards.
- Collaborate with content designers to integrate progression systems and rewards into the game’s core features, storyline, and world.
- Work closely with other system designers to identify economy and monetization needs and solutions.
- Work with the business performance team to review analytics to better understand player needs.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values , notably Gameplay First and Play Nice; Play Fair.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a systems designer.
- Understanding of how player behavior and rewards impact each other.
- Monetization design experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong math and organizational skills.
- Creative thinker who enjoys finding fun solutions to design challenges.
- A positive attitude and the ability to collaborate with teammates on design and business teams.
- Experience with mobile development.
- Experience working in a co-development environment.
- Leadership experience.
- Broad design experience beyond progression and rewards systems.
- A love for Blizzard games.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- Games you are currently playing
- Blizzard games you have played
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.