16 days ago
We’re Playdead, an independent game company based in the heart of Copenhagen, Denmark. We have made two critically acclaimed titles, LIMBO and INSIDE. Our current project is a 3rd-person science fiction adventure set in a remote corner of the universe.
We are looking for a Systems Administrator who will be responsible for the infrastructure and management of our systems in Copenhagen.
You will be setting up and maintaining internal IT systems, helping to solve technical queries and requests and ensuring that everyone has the right hardware and software to be fully productive. You will work directly with the production team as well as Devops and QA, supporting the development of our games.
What will I be doing?
- Maintaining and growing the infrastructure of Playdead (workstations/servers, backups, networking, firewalls, monitoring and VPNs)
- Maintaining an overview of all hardware, cloud services, licenses and websites that we use today
- Thinking ahead about the server and workstation systems needs of Playdead for the development, automation and release of our next game
- Responsible for the security of internal Playdead systems, external partnerships, accounts and websites
What we would like to see
- Prior professional infrastructure experience working with backup systems, Perforce, networking, firewalls and VPNs
- Working knowledge of how to setup and run workstations, creating licenses and onboarding new employees
- Broad knowledge of Windows servers, domain management and server virtualisation
- You are comfortable scripting automation with existing tools and creating new tools when required
- Strong problem solving skills and an ability to proactively identify potential issues as we grow
- You enjoy helping others and think about how to solve problems simply and effectively
- If you have worked with remote teams, automation, testing, containers or CI this would also be useful but not essential.
As a baseline, today we are using windows/clients server, linux servers, Proxmox PVE/Backup server, hardware firewalls, Unifi, FS and HP switches, ZFS Filesystem/Replication, VPN with 2FA, Perforce Helix, Docker, SVN, Teamcity and Jenkins.
We are open minded about the technologies we deploy and always open to consider new options to solve emerging challenges.
Who we are
Playdead is an independent game developer based in Copenhagen, Denmark. We are the creators and publishers of LIMBO and INSIDE. Our current project is a 3rd person, open world, science fiction adventure built for multiple platforms on Unreal Engine, published by Epic Games Publishing.
Our legacy and ambition is to make games with an uncompromising attention to detail. Our approach to development is experimental, iterative and collaborative. We are particularly interested in friendly, talented people who feel confident taking charge of their own schedule.
We are currently 50 creative professionals and still looking to grow.
Learn more about us at playdead.com