This job might no longer be available.
Summer 2022 | Technical Artist Intern
11 days ago
Must be available for a full-time paid internship between May and September 2022 in Orlando, FL - USA**
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. We create connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about us, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Role Overview: As a Technical Artist Intern, you will be an individual contributor on an art team supporting the technical delivery of art across a distributed production environment; with the goal of creating performance assets of high visual quality and technologies that move us into the future.
- Work with Tech Art team and with Tech Art Director to support game and studio vision
- Collaborate with our content creators and partners using a service-minded attitude, aiming to understand requirements and offer support
- Design art creation pipelines/workflows that meet artist needs and increase productivity for content creators
- Commit to learning and familiarizing oneself with different technologies, technical concepts, ideas, and problems
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program and are slated to graduate in Spring 2022 or beyond
- You have some experience in scripting and programming (Python and C# desired)
- You have previously worked in a game engine (Unity and Unreal desired)
- You have basic knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages (Maya and Houdini desired)
- You are familiar with 3D concepts such as rendering, modeling, texturing, particle systems, or image manipulation technique
- You are passionate about computer graphics, technical art, or game development
- You are eager and motivated to organize your workflow, complete tasks, and overcome challenges
- You know how to communicate your vision and gaps, and enjoy collaborating across teams
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.