This job might no longer be available.
Summer 2020: Software Engineer Intern - Cloud
Seattle Washington United States
4 months ago
The Challenge Ahead:
Join us on the journey to build our cross-platform, cross-game player network that encompasses EA Digital Platform (EADP) services including identity, commerce, marketplace, social, data & player experiences in a modern cloud operating model. This large scale, always-on collection of services powers EA’s network of games that will be experienced by tens of millions of monthly active users. This role has an opportunity to build full stack systems that deliver new functionality to game studios and EADP partners to help manage and deploy multiplayer backend gameservers and the services to support them with our partnering cloud providers and frameworks. You will design, build and test these systems and make sure that we keep them running at top notch performance.
Duties of a Software Engineer Intern within EA's Cloud Platform:
As a Software Engineer Intern, your primary responsibility will be to contribute to the containerized software and services infrastructure that powers and supports EA games. Working closely with your team lead, you will scope and estimate feature work, create and contribute features to the codebase, fix bugs, review others’ code, help maintain our live services and ship incredible games.
The Next Great EA Software Engineer Intern needs to have:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience. We are only considering students who will be enrolled in a bachelors program in the summer of 2020, slated to graduate in fall of 2020 or spring of 2021
- Experience with web frameworks and creating easy to use user interfaces
- Experience programming in an OO language
- Experience designing and/or working with distributed systems
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Passion for solving hard problems with great people
Bonus Experience Points:
- React based web frontends that use REST and grpc APIs
- Server-side languages such as Go and Python
- Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Public cloud provider experience (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Excitement for working in the games industry