Summer 2020: Software Engineer Intern - C++ (BS/MS)
Pasadena California United States
12 days ago
Game Engineering Intern
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!.
Located in the vibrant neighborhood of Old Pasadena, Industrial Toys is growing and generating buzz in the mobile games industry. Following the philosophy of “Players First,” we are working together to create exciting and innovative game experiences.
We are seeking a curious and creative Game Engineering Intern. This is person has the technical know-how to implement features ranging from gameplay to tools. They’re meticulous and think through problems from start to finish before writing a line of code. They’re also humble enough to ask questions and seek help. This position will offer the opportunity to build technical and creative skills, while gaining experience working with experienced mentors to make great games.
- Enrolled in a BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with C++
- Desire to work on a variety of game systems
- Foundation in 3D math and algorithms
- Able to work closely and iteratively with game designers and other engineers
- Understanding of memory and performance
- Self-driven with a strong sense of quality
- Great communication skills that supports an open working environment in terms of feedback
- Experience making your own game or mods.
- A willingness to learn and ask questions