Strategy & Initiatives Project Manager
25 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Strategic Initiatives Project Manager
San Mateo, CA / Hybrid
The Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO) team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation’s extraordinary products and services. GSBO teams are in countries across the globe, balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
As part of GSBO, the Strategy Management and Initiatives team is responsible for leading all strategy-related activities across the organization to ensure coordinated action and execution. The core areas of focus are goals tracking, organizational alignment, strategy planning and reviews, knowledge management, and initiative management. Further, the team coordinates and handles project plans for GSBO activities related to new product introductions. In addition to handling the strategy activities, the team is also responsible for the internal department communication strategy and, in conjunction with HR, driving and implementing employee focused initiatives (i.e., learning and development, diversity, equity, and inclusion programs, etc.).
The Strategic Initiatives Project Manager is a role developed to enhance the Strategy Management and Initiatives team’s capabilities. The goal is to cultivate relationships and lead department initiatives to deepen and broaden our impact on successful delivery against objectives. This role is vital to the future growth of GSBO. The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic and flexible team player who possesses excellent planning skills, a collaborative mindset, and a strong analytical mind that thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Prepare and attend key meetings in commercial cross-functional forums. Coordinate and communicate expectations for discussions and presentations. Liaise with upcoming presenters to ensure they have the appropriate materials and set clear parameters and objectives for discussions. Think critically about the business issues at hand and what will be needed for productive discussions. Coordinate across groups to bring it all together.
- Track and review central initiatives across GSBO to ensure successful delivery of department objectives
- Work cross-functionally to develop processes that ensure appropriate prioritization and approvals for strategic initiatives
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional workshops to refine and optimize all elements of strategy
- Work closely with HR business partners to develop and execute people focused strategies and initiatives
- Support and execute the department’s internal integrated communication strategy
- As a global organization, possess the ability to have a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
- 5+ years of project/initiative management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Creative and energetic team player who embraces change and desires to continually improve and grow
- Thoughtful presenter able to articulate information in written, oral, and PowerPoint communications widely from senior management summaries to detailed presentations to specialists
- Data-centric & analytical with good planning skills and commercial focus
- Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships
- Patient, persistent, pragmatic, and diplomatic
- Strong knowledge of sales cycles and ability to understand recent sales trends and forces
- Gaming industry knowledge
- Communication tools: MSFT Teams, Slack, SharePoint, Confluence
- Developing people focused strategies (i.e., employee engagement)
- Working in an Enterprise or Business focused PMO structure
- PMP certification
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$125,600 — $188,400 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.