This job might no longer be available.
Staff Software Engineer- Social Experience (Back End)
San Francisco, CA
1 year ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Software Engineer, Social Experience (Back End)
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
The Staff Software Engineer will architect, design, and develop cloud-based services for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. S/he will provide strong technical leadership in cloud based software development and highly scalable API designs.
Our team is innovating and building the next wave of social experiences to support and strengthen the human connections on PlayStation. You will work alongside partners in engineering, product, design, and research to build excellent experiences for customers around the world.
PlayStation Network currently has around 98 million monthly active users. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high energy team working on building amazing new experiences.
- Architect, design and implement RESTful Web Services API and algorithms
- Produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
- Work independently under to deliver features on time, respond to evolving requirements and strategic shifts in direction
- Familiar and comfortable with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- 8+ years of effective programming experience in Java (or equivalent enterprise back-end) developing web server applications, object oriented design and design patterns, and passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
- Experience in building high-performance and cloud based scalable web services.
- Experience with design and implementation of modern web services architecture and API frameworks
- Experience implementing services backed by NoSQL data stores
- Deep understanding of engineering standard methodologies – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, participate in code reviews and documentation; experience with in house based technology stack
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty, and defensive engineering to minimize impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science plus 10 years of experience or equivalent; Master's degree preferred.
Helpful but not required
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and EC2 and cloud architecture
- Search, Machine Learning, Online Gaming domains
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, containerization, Docker/Kubernetes
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.