8 days ago
Job Posting TitleStaff Accountant
SummaryThe Staff Accountant works directly with the Senior Staff Accountant and Controller/Director focusing on general ledger transactions and reconciliations. The Staff Accountant will also provide support to the Senior Accountant and Controller/Director as necessary. This position involves communication with other departments to ensure accurate cost center and account codes.
What you'll do
- Prepare and post journal entries and ensuring adequate support is maintained in the records and files
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly reporting between entities
- Prepare expense reporting journal entries in a timely manner
- Enter fixed assets into the D365 system and run reports to book entries such as depreciation
- Complete asset roll forwards and multiple tie outs to the system to ensure assets are stated appropriately
- Update D365 related to disposals and transfers
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of account reconciliations, with complete understanding of all outstanding balances
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations in Blackline
- Answer financial and accounting questions by researching and interpreting data
- Assist with audit requests as required
- Complete all tasks within prescribed time frames
- Support all process improvements through the Finance Department
- Other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, in Accounting, or related field
- Demonstrable skills in the Microsoft Office Suite; particularly: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Minimum of one year experience in accounting or equivalent required, preferably in gaming
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have strong communication skills, be able to work independently and be team oriented.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Must possess a high level of personal and professional accountability and be able to enlist the cooperation of peer groups involved in common business goals and objectives.
- Ability to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
Proficiency in accounting and financial computer software
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.