Senior UX Designer, 3D Asset Marketplace
20 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
At Epic, we want to help creators find community, solutions, assets, and the tools needed to create successful, engaging experiences that reach the largest audience possible. Toward that end, Epic is working to expand the industry by democratizing the 3D asset marketplace, developing a one-stop shopping destination and a service that is accessible from any RT3D tool or world-building game.
What You'll Do
As Senior UX Designer for this new marketplace platform, you will design product experiences helping developers and creators to buy, sell, discover, and build the metaverse. Cross-team collaboration will be critical to this role as you will work with Unreal, Fortnite, and several other business verticals across Epic. Most importantly, you will contribute to our mission of building a human co-experience platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users.
In this role, you will
- Work with CFX partners to develop goals, roadmaps, and help guide the team to build the right features
- Work closely with the Design Systems team to define a single approach to components and tokens across multiple products
- Create presentations, wires, prototypes, and documentation — whatever it takes to clearly convey ideas and expedite quality
- Present and pitch designs to design, product management, and engineering leadership
- Work alongside engineers, artists, and UX researchers to develop features
- Create shared experiences, from games to streaming, that focus on creating an experience around people video chatting together
- Maintain consistent aesthetic and quality of the app as new components are developed
- Help establish and grow a robust design system and maintain it
- Work with our UX Research to gather inputs to ensure we’re building the right thing for the right cohorts
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of real-world product design experience in gaming or RT3D
- Demonstrated ability to drive and ship features with solid interaction design
- Expert ability to create documents and presentations to successfully communicate complex ideas
- Skilled with Figma and After Effects; working knowledge of html/css/js
- Expert knowledge of design processes – from discovery to documentation
- Experience contributing to a Design System
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated product thinking – you understand why we’re building the product and how design impacts the business
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative – these traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.