Sr. Technical Program Manager
16 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
Are you a technical program manager (TPM) who is passionate about partnering with teams to build software with operational excellence? Do you seek ways to turn a challenge into an opportunity, or find ways to improve an excellent product? If so, then join Twitch's Operational Excellence team!
Twitch's Operational Excellence team provides excellent tools, processes, and mentoring for all Twitch engineering teams to achieve high availability, productivity, and cost efficiency. As a TPM reporting to the Head of Operational Excellence, you will lead central programs that impact all of Twitch and partner with engineering, product managers, and business leaders, and represent the larger Twitch TPM community.
You can work in San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; Irvine, CA; New York, NY; and remotely.
- Lead central programs that set goals and track our engineering teams' progress
- Plan, execute , and monitor programs and manage risks
- Proactively remove program obstacles and chase down loose ends
- Identify short and long-term improvement opportunities, provide actionable recommendations and influence partners to implement durable solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical challenges for our customers and validate new integration launches
- Be a technical liaison between Twitch, AWS, business and product/engineering teams
- 5+ years of technical program management experience , where you worked directly with engineering teams
- Strong software/system engineering background with a deep sense of ownership , collaboration, and empathy·
- Experience with cross-functional programs at scale involving partner teams inside and outside your organization, building processes, and coordinating releases
- Focus on results and outcome, not just process - you have experience establishing processes that are appropriate
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product or architectural roadmap
- Effective communication (written and verbal) with all stakeholders across different teams
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Experience with cloud or distributed software architectures
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence
- Understanding of gaming, streaming, and online entertainment
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. )
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado and Connecticut is $ 157,500 – 192,500 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act and CT House Bill Number 6380. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW7020
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.