Sr Tech Lead
3 days ago
Job Posting TitleSr Tech Lead
• As part of Digital Gaming Services team, your primary responsibility will be to design and implement new features and services of a cloud-based platform to be used in hundreds of games enjoyed by millions of players every day.
• You will also be responsible in implementing real money gaming support to existing platforms.
• The Software Engineer is part of a small team focused on creating efficient, elegant, and portable components that will serve games running on mobile and desktop platforms.
• You will be working closely with game studios, application developers, and architects to ensure the new features and services meet their requirements.
• As a Software Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to develop forward-looking capabilities on our platform, and it is made all that more exciting by the fact that it will be immediately used in popular games that must ultimately scale to 100,000 transactions per second.
• The successful candidate will contribute towards high-quality and timely delivery of products, providing solutions to complex technical problems, knowledge sharing and technical documentation under DGS products portfolio.
• You will work with skilled and high performing team and share your knowledge to refine best practices followed by team.
• You will get an opportunity to take technical ownership of the modules/features assigned to you.
• Present status to Managers, team leads and stakeholders
• You will also be a part of a truly exciting, open, fun yet challenging environment which provides enormous opportunities for professional and personal growth.
What you'll do
Develop and present software designs and plans with stakeholders and senior developers.
• Implement and test real money gaming requirements for gaming platform.
• Review designs and code from internal and external software engineer for clarity, correctness, and efficiency
• Review and select appropriate technologies for new feature areas as they arise
• Perform analysis and provide technical recommendations for internal bugs and field issues.
• Able to accurately estimate, meet deadlines/provide deliverables on time
• Provide aid to QA and support personnel on need basis to identify problems with game and platform.
• Works with Software Architects, Product Managers, product developers, subject matter experts and others on assigned
• Coordinate with teams in Austin, and India, among others.
• Follow company and team guidelines while working on a problem or implementing a feature.
• Take ownership of task assigned from analysis till the production ready state.
• Good inter-personal skills. Should be a good team player.
• Ability to drive discussions towards conclusions
• Articulate and should be able to express ideas and issues without inhibitions
• Able to grasp functional aspects well (quickly and with minimal guidance)
• Participate in agile planning, roadmaps, and bug reviews
What we're looking for
B.Tech. / B.E. / MCA /MTech. in CS/IT/ECE with 4-7 years of experience
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in designing, shipping, and maintaining server-based systems in Windows, Linux or MacOS
• Solid experience working on complex systems or SDKs, ideally with multiple customers
• Knowledgeable in following per area:
o Server frameworks: Node.js
o Storage technologies: MySQL, SQL Server, or MongoDB
o Automation and deployment tools
o Continuous integration
• Must have experience with:
o Bug tracking
o Distributed source code control
o Hands-on experience in SVN or GIT, aware of branching, merging etc.
o Strong knowledge of Object Oriented and Design Patterns
• Nice to have experience in:
o Experience developing with Unity and Cloud-based hosting environments: Google Cloud Platform, or Amazon AWS,
Microsoft Azure, or Soft Layer
o Experience developing with C++
o Client-side tools and frameworks (jQuery, Angular, React)
o Caching and scalability infrastructure components
o Social gaming
o Mobile development
o Prior experience in the mobile/web gaming industry is a plus
o Work experience in Real Money Game development
o Experience working with Google Cloud is a plus
o Experience with an Agile development methodology, preferably Scrum
o Prior experience with HTML5 game development framework
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.