This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Strategist, Partner Creative and Strategy
1 year ago
Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues are responsible for the development and operation of premier Activision Blizzard professional gaming properties including the Overwatch League™ and the Call of Duty® World League, as well as the commercialization of the entire Blizzard Esports portfolio. Launched in 2017, the Overwatch League is the world’s first major global esports league with city-based teams, with 20 clubs across Asia, Europe, and North America. In 2019, the Call of Duty World League Presented by PlayStation®4 will deliver five vs. five team play featuring Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4. It is ABEL’s vision to be the most innovative, scalable, and valuable developer of global competitive entertainment.
In this role on the Partner Creative and Strategy team, you will lead strategy and ideation for new esports content platforms and experiences. Then, you will work with partners across Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues (ABEL) to bring those ideas to the biggest consumer brands in the world.
- Use consumer insights, esports, and video game knowledge to create new brand partnership opportunities for ABEL.
- Partner with ABEL league operations, game development teams, marketing, and sales to develop proposals for league platforms and creative elements for sponsor branding
- Work with internal analytics teams to provide our brand partners with actionable insights and recommendations to increase engagement, visibility, and growth of their partner platform
- Write and present creative briefs for internal partners informed by the brand partnership, audience needs, and internal goals
- Develop content platforms based on research (primary and secondary) and the needs of ABEL and our partners
- Turn qualitative and quantitative data into actionable insights and content strategy recommendations
- Create frameworks for developing content based on audience insights
- Perform ad hoc research and content audits for O&O and partner channels
- Lead and facilitate content meetings and brainstorms
- Follow content, social, and digital trends and best practices within and outside of gaming and esports
- A passion to develop an expert knowledge of esports and the games we make
- A curiosity about our audiences and the reasons why they watch esports
- Interest in pop culture, entertainment, music, and the intersection of games and culture
- Experience creating content for digital consumption
- Experience with real-time social and web analytics and tools
- Experience working with global audiences and teams
- Experience as a content strategist and/or user experience researcher
- Experience developing strategic proposals and communications plans
- An ability to collaborate with a diverse group of internal stakeholders to help solve problems and create consensus on how to execute
- 5+ years of professional experience in games, entertainment, audience development, and/or m arketing
About the Partner Creative and Strategy Team:
We seek to create fan-first platforms and experiences.
This is our opportunity to redefine how brand partnerships appear in esports, sports, and entertainment - collaborative, driven by insights, and using the best of technology.
- Advocates for our fans and players
- Passionate about the potential of esports
- Driven and excited by insights and opportunities to learn and grow