Sr. Strategic Partnerships Manager
Los Angeles, California, United States
12 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for :
Skillz is looking to hire experienced, highly skilled and motivated Partner Account Management professionals to implement and maintain strategic partnerships. This role will report to the Vice President of Business Development. You will manage established strategic partner relationships to success, working with the Business Development deal owners, Product and Marketing teams. You are a person who is exceptionally skilled at building and maintaining internal and external relationships and navigating complex organizations. You build trust easily and thrive in simultaneously managing multiple partner engagements. You are thoughtful, personable and willing to do what it takes to successfully execute a partnership.
What You Will Do :
- Work with cross functional teams to implement strategic partnership agreements from the point of contract closure to partnership launch and to ongoing successful results.
- Work with internal and external marketing teams to deliver and optimize promotional assets and define new marketing opportunities during the term of the contract
- Work with Skillz product and content creation teams to deliver on contractual commitments at launch and beyond
- Simultaneously manage multiple strategic partnerships
- Establish and maintain reports on key partnership KPI’s
- Report regularly to the Skillz team on the status of partnership engagements
Your Skillz :
- BS / BA degree, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, marketing, business development and/or partner account management (media, gaming, online consumer)
- Sound business judgment, problem solving and analytical problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of and experience in technology
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Gaming and esports industry knowledge a plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.