Sr. Story Artist
8 days ago
Insomniac Games Senior Story Artist is responsible for creating a visual interpretation of story through images and animatics that effectively convey scene structure, character, and emotional impact. As the Senior Story Artist, you’ll work directly with the Story Lead to create image sequences, the Design team to implement animatics, the User Research group to help guide usability tests and you’ll direct and provide feedback to external story artists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Illustrates script summaries
• Collaborates with the Story Lead to plan image sequences
• Creates thumbnail sketches and resolved images that convey emotions, actions, and locations
• Directs the work of external story artists
• Coordinates with audio team to record dialogue for animatic sequences
• Edits images and audio to create animatics
• Effectively applies cinematography principles and techniques to storyboards
• Maintains animatics to align with script, animation, and design changes
• Works with the Design Team to implement animatics in-game
• Coordinates story usability and comprehension tests with the User Research Team
• Revises animatics in response to user test results
• Shares animatics for review with project directors, writers, and animators
• Assists with creating marketing materials
• Other duties may be assigned
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong understanding of Premiere or FinalCut Pro
• Strong understanding of After Effects
• Proficient with Photoshop
• Comfortable working in MS Office Suite
• Strong storytelling abilities that feature character, emotion, and movement
• Practical knowledge of principles of filmmaking and animation, cinematic/camera language, acting, and staging
• Ability to work collaboratively, and present work in a clear and entertaining way
Please Note: This is a Fixed-Term contract with an expected end date. We anticipate the service period for this contract to be for 6-months.
If you are interested in applying for the Sr. Story Artist role, please submit your application, resume and portfolio below. We look forward to reviewing your work!