Sr Software Engineer
19 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC .
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
The Online Software Engineer will help build networked game experiences for EA Sports titles. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping, planning, implementing, and maintaining amazing new features and technology for an existing and beloved game. You will report to the Development Director and work with your Technical Lead to estimate, build and improve projects. You will be focused on delivering excellent game experiences through efficient and effective code.
- Leverage EA’s Digital Platform technologies to implement server features, components, and services.
- Create and maintain client code to support features and improve multiplayer experiences.
- Optimize client and server online systems to improve latency, reliability, scalability, performance, and memory.
- Design and iterate on architecture and infrastructure improvements for live systems and workflows.
- Work closely with partner teams to stand up and maintain online infrastructure and services for the title.
- Experience in software development with a strong C++ focus.
- Experience with networked applications or features (client/server and/or peer-to-peer).
- Experience developing in and debugging multi-threaded/concurrent architectures.
- Familiarity with database technologies (e.g. MySQL, SQL, Redis).
- Knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience working with Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo game consoles.
- Experience with real-time networking--particularly peer-to-peer deterministic games.
- Experience with network optimization and improving service reliability. .
- Experience with log analysis and tools such as Splunk.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.