Sr. Software Engineer (Node.js)
8 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is growing our development team to build exciting new features for the Epic Games Store and Epic Online Services platforms.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Software Engineer (Node.js) to work closely with quality assurance, community, and product teams to create reusable, platform-level applications and services to enhance the capabilities for all of Epic’s systems.
- Serve as a key contributor to Epic Online Services Helper (EOSH) components. Assess technical challenges, design architectures, and run with implementations
- Collaborate closely with client and backend teams to integrate components for Epic Online Services
- Serve as a component owner for software with a large user base, with focuses on maintainability and high reliability
- Own technical designs and enforce engineering standards for client-side components
- Partner with stakeholders to establish priorities, break out tasking, and communicate risks
- 5+ years software engineering industry experience developing online applications
- 2+ years of experience developing systems using Node.js
- 2+ years of experience developing client web applications using HTML and CSS
- Deep knowledge of Node.js, understanding strong and weak sides of Node.js
- Experience in architecting modular, feature-rich Node.js applications
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, performance optimization, troubleshooting
- Experience building software for client side applications. Understanding of control flows, responsiveness, versioning and migration concerns
- Mindset of writing well tested code, including unit-testing, integration testing and end-to-end testing
- Proficiency with common networking protocols (HTTP, TCP, Websockets)
- Experience with C++ / native development and Windows APIs is a plus, but not required
- Willingness to learn from and teach fellow teammates
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.