Sr Software Engineer - Backend
17 days ago
At Studio CrowdStar, we believe there's a HUGE opportunity with interactive entertainment products for women, and our goal is to build products which engage, enrich and empower them.
With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we’re also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, or furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game.
We are hiring a Sr Backend Engineer to be part of our dev team for a new game experience. In this role, you will be exposed to using server technologies at scale and to building distributed systems at a very fast-paced environment. The position is located in Glu Toronto, our game hub in the heart of downtown Toronto's Entertainment District. Here, you'll be working side by side with industry veterans onsite and remotely in our San Francisco HQ as one integrated team.
- Design and implement new systems and pipelines
- Work closely with QA to help define test cases
- Maintain existing codebase with other team members
- Tackle new challenges that arise during development
- 5+ years of recent professional development experience in one of PHP/Java/Python/Kotlin
- Good working knowledge of OOP, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL), NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB, Couchbase), and caching technologies (e.g. Redis, Memcached)
- Experience with modern cloud architecture (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Experience with shell scripting
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience building LEMP based server-side REST APIs
- Experience with test-driven development
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies as needed
- Ability to work well as part of a collaborative development team
- Good problem-solving skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Passionate about building games that will be played by millions around the world
- BS or equivalent coursework (AS, training, or work experience) in Computer Science or related field