Sr. QA Automation Engineer
7 days ago
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War , Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire . We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
Our MZ Game Studio is seeking a skilled engineer to support an ecosystem of testing software to enable safety and efficiency in delivering new game products. They will be leading a team of QA engineers enabling our QA staff to safely verify products and support several studios.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and maintain automated testing solutions that enhance the reliability, scope and efficiency of quality assurance efforts against a range of platforms and products, both internal and external
- Analyze and drive improvements in safety through automated testing for the MZ products through reviewing common failure and regression points
- Work closely with our Quality Assurance team to automate their high cost test plans and allow them to focus on more cost-effective testing efforts
- Interface with other teams throughout the studio to identify opportunities where automation can unlock additional business value
- Develop a long-term roadmap geared toward providing a robust set of "out of the box" automation services that can be utilized by multiple partner studios
- Manage a team of junior engineers to execute against the project roadmap, and provide mentorship to support their career growth
Your background and who you are:
- 8+ years of professional work experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience developing automated tests using frameworks like Appium, Airtest and Selenium
- Familiarity with QA testing processes and patterns
- Comfort leading a team of automation developers
- Experience developing automation across multiple platforms (mobile, desktop, web)
- Experienced with web frontend and backend development (react, node.js, PHP, SQL)
- Prior work experience as a software developer in test or similar role
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.