This job might no longer be available.
Sr. QA Analyst (Contract)
Sacramento California United States
2 months ago
Who is EA Capital Games?
We’re a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes , the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released. Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, inspired by the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture excels in being creative, collaborative, and in pushing the boundaries of our medium. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
The Challenge Ahead
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst role is a versatile role with many areas of focus and responsibilities. A Senior QA Analyst is a catalyst ensuring that QA understands the game's design and that its features are tested in the correct way while ensuring that the quality of the game lives up to our players’ expectations. Additionally, Sr. QA Analysts will test and coordinate testing activities related to our Feature and LiveOps releases.
The Senior QA Analysts at Capital Games are embedded in development and will test, document, and analyze the game during production. The Senior QA Analyst and team are accountable for delivering the QA project planning, requirements, and deliverable. Reporting to the team Development Director, Senior QA Analysts work embedded within the Development organization, improve the QA practice across EA, have a Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and are advocates who influence the game's design and implementation decisions.
The Next Great Capital Games Senior Quality Analyst Needs
The Senior QA Analyst will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are being completed on time through active participation in the testing responsibilities and processes while maintaining EA’s high standard of quality. Additionally, the Senior QA Analyst will focus on improving the operational efficiency of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies. The Senior QA Analyst will work on department-level programs and operational efficiency projects and will also be engaged in daily test routines and responsibilities, delivering measurable feedback as part of daily test routines throughout their one year contract.
The Senior QA Analyst must understand how to apply new testing methodologies and can speak to what tools will be the most efficient. A proficient understanding of efficient QA processes and best practices are required, including translation to development partners.
Above all, Senior QA Analysts must be avid games players. You will need to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry, including the different platforms, game styles, and genres. It is necessary that you know the market so you can evaluate our games against the competition.
- 3+ years previous QA experience, with at least 1 year of QA support in embedded environments
- Knowledgeable on white/gray/black box testing practices
- Experience with Jira or other defect tracking software
- Test case test management software experience i.e. TestRail/DevTest
- A team-oriented person with the experience working with one or more groups simultaneously and is comfortable conversing within engineering disciplines with an eye to promote outstanding quality
- Proficient observational and analytical skills
- High level of pro-activeness
- Immediately recognize important issues or testing deficiencies and raise concerns to leadership
- Proficient written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of testing/planning tools
- Experience with Unity Game Engine or similar software
- Experience working with offsite teams
- Knowledge of software development methodology and stages (milestones/sprints, Alpha, Beta)
- An appreciation or practical understanding of analytics and Indicators as a way of tracking product quality
- Familiarity with mobile game products, especially those in the CCG genre like Hearthstone, Summoner’s War, and Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.