Sr. Product Planner, MLB The Show
USA-CA-San Diego-Scranton Campus / USA-CA-San Diego-Scranton Campus
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Product Planner, MLB The Show
San Diego Studio
The Senior Product Manager will develop acquisition, engagement, and monetization strategies and content that will help grow value across diverse player needs. For this role specifically, you will be primarily assisting the design team, with much of your time spent working between design, UX Research, and Analytics teams to identity the right strategic approach to our feature development. We expect all our people to maintain a collaborative spirit that encourages everyone to help find the right ideas and the best compromises.
- Responsible for helping to define and drive acquisition, engagement, and monetization strategies for future features and content.
- Responsible to drive and own product release planning (Skus, Bundles, etc.).
- Stays on top of the now and explores possibility via examination of the competitive landscape.
- Brings those novel perspectives and new opportunity spaces back to the team in their game creation and live content updating process.
- Leverages data analytics and quantitative analyses to monitor game performance, provide insights on mechanic tuning, and help identify new features and tactics to impact product experience and earnings.
- Work closely with Analytics, UX Research, Creative Direction and Live Content to identify what users yearn for, and ensure that business goals are being tackled.
- Collaborate with the Design and Analytics teams to ensure that needed data is being tracked and that data visualizations/reports are available in order to provide recommendations for the game.
- Assist the Design team by identifying and creating techniques, structures and/or tools used to foster evolution within the studio.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience, including senior or lead experience with ecommerce and/or business strategy for console videogames.
- Comfort with insights derived from partner teams with varying approaches: qualitative research, statistical concepts, design evaluation and advanced business metrics.
- Action oriented. Drives change. Stands up for ideas when the data justifies it. Seeks more info, when the data is not there.
- Logical thinker with strong attention to detail. Thinks quantitatively, qualitatively and rigorously.
- Can develop and maintain a deep understanding of the needs and expectations of our players. Ability to think from the perspectives of varying demographics.
- A willingness to live and breathe the sport of baseball.
- Quality written communication skills and the ability to convey abstract concepts.
- Positive attitude and a collaborative spirit.
- Knowledge of competitive products and various gameplay genres, and a personal understanding of video game fun.
- A proactive, self-starter spirit and ability to work both independently and on a team without micromanagement.
Desirable, but not required:
- Degree in an associated field (Business, Marketing, Economics, etc.), advanced degree a plus.
- Strong math and organizational skills.
- In-depth understanding of sports management, specifically nuanced front office management rules.
- Knowledge of how comparable game experiences have impacted their products via live services.
- Understanding of in-game economies and what levers can be pulled to alter/change a given economy in the product.
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages and code (eg, XML, C++, Ruby).
- If cannot meet the requirement of having worked in console videogames, mobile game experience will be considered.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.