This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Product Manager - Developer Services
San Mateo, Philippines
1 year ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
With 2+ million creators worldwide and over 100 million monthly active players, Roblox is creating the future of play. Fundamental to that future are the powerful creation tools that enable our developers to create amazing, transformational 3D experiences. The Developer Services Team empowers Roblox to be the best development platform for creating 3D social experiences, enabling our creators to build, publish, and manage compelling experiences within the Roblox ecosystem. This includes offering scalable infrastructure and backend services around core game play, data management, an analytics platform for our creators and products enabling our creators to communicate with their audiences.
As a Senior Product Manager - Developer Services, you will define and deliver backend services from the ground up with a vision to democratize creation of engaging experiences. This role is key to growing the Roblox community of developers so that they can deliver the best 3D immersive and game experiences to players all over the world.
- A seasoned Senior Product Manager with a proven track record of prioritizing features/resources and aligning teams to deliver an excellent product
- Experienced, with 5-10 years of product management experience, ideally with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Proficient with web services and have previous experience managing technical products or online services, especially compute or storage services
- Entrepreneurial: Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch. Opinionated and willing to make calls with limited information. Comfortable advocating for resources and operating in a dynamic, fluid organization
- Technical, comfortable with delving into the product and implementation details. Able to engage with engineering beyond just product and user experience needs; willing to roll up sleeves and design scalable and extensible solutions
- Data driven and get into the details - collect all data necessary to inform product direction whether in the form of competitive intelligence, developer behavior and feedback, or other market metrics.
- Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey strategies, priorities, and tradeoffs at the 30K foot level. Then engage with engineering and design through extremely detailed technical specifications and/or wireframes
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive
- Engage our developers directly and balance that feedback with an understanding of what is possible today and might be possible in the future to identify new capabilities and define product features
- Lead and facilitate brainstorming, then take these early ideas and iterate, experiment, and build. Defend your POV against skeptics, while being open to feedback and adapting your ideas to deliver the best output
- Partner with other product, design and engineering teams at Roblox to ensure cohesive product functionality and value proposition, and communicate with senior executives to achieve strategic alignment
- Address bottlenecks, provide developer input, anticipate and make tradeoffs and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Balance and prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with the product vision
Roblox enables all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Today, Roblox supports over 70 million active users each month and has powered over 900 million hours monthly. More than 40 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators. Roblox is changing the way content is created, consumed, distributed and monetized.
- Working with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community