Sr Narrative Designer
25 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Santa Monica Studio is seeking a Sr Narrative Designer for the development of a new unannounced title!
If you love collaborating with talented developers to create genre-defining games, join us as we embark on a new journey. The ideal candidate not only has deep knowledge of writing complex narratives for games but is capable of executing the narrative within the game through the intended player experience. This individual will be responsible for designing and implementing narrative systems that support the project goals.
- Work with the Lead Narrative Designer to ensure that the intended narrative vision is realized through designing quality and efficient narrative systems and integration of narrative scenes into the game
- Utilize visual scripting systems, Maya, and in-house tools to author narrative content
- Implement narrative sequences, mechanics and systems
- Work closely with Design and cross-discipline partners to ensure the full realization of the narrative vision in the player experience
- Contribute to the narrative design process in collaboration with the Lead Narrative Designer and stakeholders
- Partner with Writing to champion the narrative experience. This may include pitching new ideas, quests, key narrative beats, and world lore
- Collaborate with engineering to develop tools that support efficient and iterative development of narrative content
- Support the tone, voice and deeper themes of the game based on the overall game direction
- Maintain a studio environment and team culture that supports a quality focused experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a professional narrative or design role including at least one shipped AAA game title
- Deep experience with game editors, production tools, and engines
- Experience owning a feature from concept through implementation
- Knowledge of contemporary gameplay and narrative design, with an understanding of different narrative systems/delivery mechanisms
- Skills and experience to quickly turn around feedback
- Strong collaboration, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced team environment
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$101,800 — $152,800 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.