This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Manager, Partner Strategy & Analytics
San Mateo, CA, United States
6 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Partner Strategy, Analytics, Forecasting & Modeling
San Mateo, CA or London (UK)
Are you ready to bring your successful accomplishments in modeling and financial analysis to the video games industry? Come be a critical member of our high performing business development team to lead forecasting and modeling complex strategic partner-related issues as PlayStation enters a new era.
The Global Partner Strategy & Analytics team serves as a valuable business partner to both the Global Publisher & Developer Relations department internally as well as our publisher and developer partners that make games for the PlayStation platform by providing critical business guidance. As Sr. Manager, Forecasting & Modeling, you will be responsible for financial, economic, business, and data analysis that supports the business development function of the company.
The ideal candidate possesses a passion for video games, and the strong business and economic acumen needed to provide data-driven guidance to the PlayStation business. The candidate must be able to think creatively in order to distill complex and ever-changing dynamics into measurable outputs, the discipline and organization to provide department leadership on budgets, and the ability to effectively present complex analysis to stakeholders. Finally, the candidate should have experience juggling multiple projects simultaneously, along with the ability to determine priorities and manage stakeholders to meet deadlines.
- Provide global leadership to the forecasting function for third party software on the PlayStation platform, with primary leadership over disc forecasts and collaboration on digital forecasts, for quarterly and annual cycles
- Perform comparable title and industry-based analysis and evaluate economic impact of potential partnership deals
- Model complex industry and company dynamics to help drive partner-related business decisions
- Set partner-title KPIs and measure progress against benchmarks for account teams to execute against
- Manage a global team
- Sales, general & administration expense budgeting, tracking, and analysis
- Offer actionable consultation to internal teams that interact with PlayStation’s publisher and developer partners
- Serve as liaison to other internal teams forecasting PlayStation’s overall business
- Liaise with Finance to submit payment requests and address payment issues on behalf of external partners
- Determine and conduct ad hoc analyses that add insight to and drive impactful decisions for PlayStation’s business
- 6+ years overall experience in analytical roles
- Expertise in forecasting and business modeling / Microsoft Excel
- Proven ability to make a data-driven business case and communicate complex analysis clearly
- Strong presentation skills / Microsoft PowerPoint
- Comfort with working under tight deadlines and in a team environment
- Strong work ethic with low ego
- Critical thinking, problem solving aptitude and business acumen skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of and/or passion for the Video Game industry
- Experience at a top tier investment bank
- Direct experience in interactive entertainment
- MBA or equivalent knowledge of economics, financial analysis, and/or strategy
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.