Sr. Manager, Governance Strategy
Redwood City California United States
6 days ago
Sr. Manager, Governance Strategy
EA is seeking a hands-on, analytics-savvy professional who is capable of developing detailed, results-driven strategies and building cross-functional influence. This is a visible and strategic role within EA’s Global Analytics and Insights (GAI) team. The role requires a leader that can partner with subject-matter experts and studio leadership across EA to implement a centralized, always-on approach to personalized messaging – one that spans EA’s entire digital ecosystem.
The Senior Manager, Personalization Strategy, will lead a team of three direct reports. Excelling will require working well across functions, geographies, and skillsets to orchestrate, communicate, and execute strategies that increase player lifetime value. This role will help establish and enhance 1-to-1 messaging programs that improve acquisition, engagement and retention efforts with player across EA portfolio of games and online destinations.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional who has a passion for digital transformation and wants to master the intricacies of data-driven, automated experiences. The candidate will be joining a vibrant, growing team who care deeply about EA players, gaming experiences and each other’s growth.
About the Team:
The Dynamic Messaging team’s primary goal is to motivate players to engage with EA games by delivering content against key moments in the player’s journey. The team focuses on leveraging behavioral and transactional data, as well as automation tools to deliver the right message at the right time, at scale . To this end, we develop enterprise-wide solutions that use automation and data to power new ways of enhancing the player experience within and outside of our games.
- Develop omnichannel, player-first strategies that reduce friction around gameplay via personalized messaging
- Partner with technology architecture, data scientists, and content planning leads to develop communication governance strategies that support game-specific needs while balancing organization-wide priorities and resources.
- Scale the use of algorithmically driven automation in enhancing player-facing experiences across channels, specifically in-game messaging, email, and SMS/push notifications
- Establish, optimize, and evangelize a consistent approach to personalization that is supported by real-world use cases and player-first results
- Identify and activate opportunities to experiment, drive innovation, unlock efficiencies across established and emerging channels, ensure enhancements provide ongoing insights
- Manage the workload, output, and ongoing development of a team of automation strategists and project managers
- Establish working rhythms, analytical frameworks, and operating processes to lead cross-functional teams in partnership
- Build relationships across geographies, functions, and levels to enable a high-performance, cross-functional team and culture
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of direct experience with CRM, digital marketing, lifecycle marketing, or system automation including:
- Digital channels, including email
- Database-driven marketing
- Subscription services
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to clearly articulate a vision and prioritize action items
- Deep curiosity around digital transformation challenges, matched with a creative and forward-thinking approach to solving them
- Experience working directly with Data Scientists, Analysts, Software Engineers, Marketing Strategists, and Project Managers
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to find common ground and partner across complex organizations
- Passionate about leading with empathy and regularly seeking feedback from colleagues and stakeholder
- Experience managing multiple projects, prioritize resources, and meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable with developing thought leadership content and presenting insights to large groups and interacting with senior leaders
- Capable of coaching direct reports to successfully deliver on career development goals