Sr. Manager, Events
4 days ago
The Sr. Manager, Events will lead the strategy, planning, marketing and operations of live and hybrid events for Bandai Namco Entertainment in North America. These include consumer and industry tradeshows, musical concerts, corporate events, game launch events, and community events related to our product and service offerings in North America. The successful candidate will be a master at collaborating with our various cross-functional teams in North America and will also be required to coordinate with our international entities when applicable. This position requires outstanding communication skills, the ability to determine success of operations, supervision of one or more team members, and the ability to create new processes to streamline our live events business.
The Sr. Manager, Events is a driven self-starter who can adapt quickly to changing objectives, opportunities, and challenges in the fast-paced entertainment event industry. The candidate has high attention to detail and deadlines and can work independently while managing relationships with internal teams, external partners, production teams, guests, and sponsors. The ideal candidate is a leader with experience organizing game industry events, experience with online events, working with event facilitators, evaluating key event strategies, anticipating business needs, and implementing high impact solutions across the company.
Join our Live Entertainment team in Irvine, CA where we currently observe a hybrid schedule at our new campus!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan/organize/execute events and lead internal/external teams on implementation across multiple brands (including contracts, logistics, on-site management, vendor management, budget accounting and reconciliation, post-mortems)
- Develop event activations for multiple brands
- Lead event strategy and build consensus with key stakeholders
- Build, manage and optimize external partnerships with event vendors, production teams, event organizers, venue vendors, streaming platforms and other event related organizations and cultivate new relationships as needed (including negotiate agreements with outside vendors)
- Identify and champion titles for inclusion into event initiatives
- Track and report project status and KPIs in a timely and consistent manner
- Research, survey and deliver event postmortems to optimize future event improvements
- Install builds to all game platforms (Procure required hardware and equipment, such as game demo builds for installation, for tradeshow displays/promotions)
- Manage warehouses for event inventories
- Coordinate travel arrangements for internal staff and international guests as needed
- Create on-site staff requirements and schedules
- Manage and coach team
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years’ experience in the gaming industry
- 5+ years’ experience in managing, developing and executing online and offline event management (or relevant experience)
- 5+ years’ experience in brand management, social marketing, and/or community management experience (or relevant experience)
- 5+ years’ experience in partner management (or relevant experience)
- Knowledge of livestreaming on platforms such as Twitch, YouTube Gaming, and Facebook Live
- Develop, communicate, and champion strategies and plans
- Develop marketing/promotion strategies
- Familiarity with the event ecosystem preferably in North America
- Ability to blend creative strategies with data analysis of the current event landscape
- Self-motivated, excellent organizational skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working collaboratively with product teams, marketing teams, and other stakeholders
- Experience working with international teams and exposure to multi-cultural environments
- Develop, maintain and track overall event budget(s), familiar with the P&L process & analysis is a plus
- Experience managing labor, including unions and temporary staff
- Willing to take on additional responsibilities to advance event development and corporate objectives
- Develop & execute promotional strategies & schedules in collaboration with brand and community teams
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, tools, and best practices
- Able to interface effectively with a variety of people, including casual gamers, professional gamers, spectators, and business professionals
- Thinks “out of the box” with ability to come up with creative solutions.
- Passion for video games, a knowledge of Bandai Namco IP!
- Travel to tradeshows and events, including weekends (may require international travel)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or relevant professional experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator a plus
- Are already involved in various online/offline events
- Have passion for the gaming space and/or prior gaming industry experience
- Are an active leader or participant within the live entertainment industry
- Possess experience in live video production and broadcasting
- Have presentation, teaching, or other public speaking experience
- Familiar with game development and design
- Maintain existing relationships with influencers and professionals
$122,058.75 - $159,188.25
Please provide a portfolio of the events you've created, or you feel are relevant to the position. Feel free to use the "website" field on the application to provide a link to a website or a link to a folder in Google Drive or something similar.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. is providing the following notice regarding the Personal Information we collect and use in the context of this job application: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/legal/bnea-privacy-ccpanotice
About Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc.
Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc., part of the Bandai Namco Group, is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive entertainment for major video game consoles, PC, online, and mobile platforms. The company is known for creating many of the industry’s beloved classic franchises such as PAC-MAN®, GALAGA®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, and ACE COMBAT®, and publishing the critically acclaimed DARK SOULS™ series and the blockbuster title ELDEN RING™. Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. is also the premier publisher in the Western hemisphere for anime-based video games including GUNDAM™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, DRAGON BALL™, and ONE PIECE®. Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. is headquartered in Irvine, California. More information about the company and its products can be found at http://www.bandainamcoent.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.