Sr Manager, Data & Analytics, Core Data
10 days ago
SR. Manager, Data & Analytics, Core Data
Magic Leap’s mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Magic Leap is a team of creatives and technologists building a personal, spatial computing platform that seamlessly blends the digital and physical worlds. Magic Leap’s Business Technology organization (BT) is seeking a Sr. Manager, Data Governance, Science and Analytics professional to design and implement core data solutions.
The core mission of the Core Data organization is to drive strategy and execution across the company using data to inform and empower our partners. Whether we’re working with client-facing field teams or internal decision-makers, we aim to meet any reporting, analytics, visualization, and story-telling needs they may have. Beyond our data capabilities, our team acts as consultants for our partners, breaking down every request to ensure that the analytical insights we’re providing will truly help achieve our partners’ goals. Depending on the exact role, we work closely with Production Engineers, Product Managers, Operations, Account Managers, Services, and Marketing to create novel features, systems, and analyses.
Do you get excited about delighting your customers? Do you love building and shipping beautiful experiences? Do you enjoy leading your team through service, helping them grow and succeed?
Great. We’re going to change the world. Join us at Magic Leap, and let’s do it together!
A critical role of Magic Leap's Business Technology (BT) solutions teams, Sr. Manager Data & Analytics (D&A), will define the data governance program and collaborate with the CISO in building the data and analytics (D&A) strategy and vision. You will oversee all data management and integration (DM&I) initiatives across the organization. You will help distributed analytics staff to have the best D&A skills, processes, and technologies possible. You will serve as an advisor to the leadership team to develop and deliver enterprise-wide solutions for complex data challenges, including developing and applying algorithmic models to derive insights, improve decision making, and automate processes.
The Sr. Manager Data Governance & Data Analytics is the creative thought leader responsible for ensuring that our counterparts across the company are enabled to make data-driven decisions every day. We partner closely with the Sales and Marketing, Operations, Product, Innovation and Research, and Engineering teams to study client, product, and algorithmic performance data. The Sr. Manager role leads a team of our more senior analysts as they partner with senior leaders across the company on critical initiatives. This role is perfect for someone who has a quantitatively-oriented degree, experience managing analysts and data scientists, a passion for analytics, and coding, and a strong desire to use data to inspire progress.
- Data Management and Integration
- Defining Data & Analytics strategy
- Establishing Data Governance
- Identifying and defining Data & Analytics investments
- Directly lead a team of 4-6 analysts. Hire, onboard, train and grow analysts to be future leaders of our company
- Work closely with internal teams, strategic company leaders, and our largest clients to provide Return on Investment (ROI)-focused insights and recommendations
- Lead large projects and initiatives with multiple sub-projects and multiple stakeholders.
- Excel both as an individual contributor and as a collaborative teammate, depending on project requirements.
- Focus on organizational leadership, including culture, training. Building an Agile D&A Team Culture
- Design and consult on statistically rigorous tests to assess the impact of a potential buying strategy, optimization technique, or product release.
- Supervise the creation of custom tools and dashboards to automate and scale insights for our internal stakeholders.
- Partner with Data Science, Product and Engineering teams to align strategy around the roll out and monitoring of new algorithms and product lines
- Demonstrate thought leadership in digital media analytics and optimization
- Help build our Analytics and Data Governance practice by developing training materials, customer facing assets and internal resources
- Provide feedback and share knowledge with other teams across the company
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Integrate large, complex data sets that meet business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Evaluate/Review/Implement/Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from various data sources
- Work with stakeholders at multiple levels to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Support data analysis tools used by multiple business intelligence resources throughout the organization
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in the data ecosystem
As Sr. Manager, Data Governance, Science and Analytics you will report to our Director of Business Technology.
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
- 4-6 years of relevant analytics work experience and a quantitatively-oriented degree
- 3 year+ direct leadership of analysts or data scientists
- Experience working with extremely large datasets in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and fluid start-up environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrable passion to dig into terabytes of data and quickly construct tools
- Experience with data visualization, business intelligence tools and using data to tell a story
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases and working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal & external data and processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with both structured and unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, governance, and workload management
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases: Redshift, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Informatica, Dell Boomi, or DataStage
- Experience with business intelligence systems: Tableau and Paxata
- Experience with governance platforms: Alation and Collibra
- Experience with scripting languages: Python and Java
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, Scala
- Track record of building design patterns, best practices and data architecture standards
- Experience in working with functional teams in Product Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Sales and People functions
- Capable of managing multiple priorities and meeting closely-spaced, ambitious timelines;
- Additional qualification of SAP Certification in Sales and/or technical areas is highly beneficial
- Proven excellence at formulating, understanding, and solving complex, non-routine problems
- Demonstrated success in project management/ownership and working with senior strategic stakeholders
- Outstanding organization and presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Engineering, Information Systems, Statistics, Informatics, Computer Science or another quantitative field with 6+ years of experience in a Data Engineering role.
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.