Sr. Licensing Manager
3 months ago
The Sr. Licensing Manager is responsible for leading domestic and international merchandise licensing programs with focus on Japanese gaming and anime IPs. This position will develop strategic direction to expand BNEA’s licensing portfolio and achieve and maintain: revenue targets, account management, partner compliance, communication with the master licensor, and domestic/overseas affiliates. Collaborate closely with external group companies for licensing approvals and internally within BNEA the accounting team regarding reporting, tracking licensing budget and targets, additionally working with brand/marketing teams to support the overall brand strategy. This role works alongside senior management with the execution of brand licensing strategy with partners and ensures all activity and brand expansion to licensees, retailers, and other partners is in alignment with the BANDAI NAMCO Group overall objectives and guidelines.
Join us at our new campus in Irvine, California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage relationships with licensees to monitor performance and foster long-term partnerships
- Develop and close opportunities across licensed product categories while evaluating the licensee base to ensure effective and focused growth across categories
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the market and general competitive environment, including trends and key drivers in retail and product advancements
- Work with assigned accounts to develop sales strategies and support retail placement of Bandai Namco licensed products
- Expand new licensee recruitment: blue sky ideation, incremental business opportunity identification, sales pitches, trend research, and overall market analysis
- Collaborate with internal Creative Services team and master licensors to develop style guides for each brand
- Collaborate on the creation of marketing and sales materials, promotional events, and licensing presentations supporting Bandai Namco’s strategic direction
- Ensure that sales forecasts, and monthly and quarterly reports are received from licensees in a timely manner
- Work with the Accounting team with the compilation of sales data for royalty reports, including sell-thru, placement, and royalty revenue; assist accounts receivable to collect timely payments from sublicensing partners
- Work with the eCommerce team to develop a linear promotional strategy for Bandai Namco stores and other major eCommerce retailers to support and grow business
- Build cohesion and process between these teams to ensure key brands and licensed products are promoted within Bandai Namco stores, events, and social channels
- Liaise with licensors and internal teams to approve product design, production, and promotion for products under license; supervise existing partners to ensure active development, product innovation, marketing dates, and overall contract compliance
- Facilitate contracts with Legal and Finance teams
- Support the planning and attendance of the annual Licensing Expo, Toy Fair, and other trade shows and events
- A minimum of 7-9+ years of experience in licensing business in an international setup preferably in the video game, animation entertainment, or licensing industry
- Passionate about Japanese animation and games, licensed products, and entertainment
- Creative thinker, problem solver, and proactive
- Ability to be a strong team player and communicator in a multi-cultural environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
$111,796.34 - $151,013.67
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. is providing the following notice regarding the Personal Information we collect and use in the context of this job application: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/legal/bnea-privacy-ccpanotice
About Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc.
Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com or www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.